January 29, 2013
January 27, 2013
- There are three states of being. Not knowing, action and completion.
- Accept that everything is a draft. It helps to get it done.
- There is no editing stage.
- Pretending you know what you're doing is almost the same as knowing what you are doing, so just accept that you know what you're doing even if you don't and do it.
- Banish procrastination. If you wait more than a week to get an idea done, abandon it.
- The point of being done is not to finish but to get other things done.
- Once you're done you can throw it away.
- Laugh at perfection. It's boring and keeps you from being done.
- People without dirty hands are wrong. Doing something makes you right.
- Failure counts as done. So do mistakes.
- Destruction is a variant of done.
- If you have an idea and publish it on the internet, that counts as a ghost of done.
- Done is the engine of more.
January 25, 2013
"la accion es la madre de la esperanza."
California Rare Fruit Growers
Redwood Empire Chapter
Saturday, January 26, 2013
10:00 a.m. To 2:00 p.m.
Members get in at 9:00 a.m. - you can join at the door – see below! Membership includes admittance.
Santa Rosa Veterans' Building
Across from the Sonoma County Fairgrounds
1351 Maple Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA
Free cuttings for grafting – often over 500 varieties!
Grafting demonstrations by expert grafters.
Various rootstocks available for sale.
Custom trees grafted at your request (limited).
Fruit experts available to answer your questions.
Tree sales, bee blocks, crafts, preserves, honey!
Bring big baggies, tape to write on, and a "Sharpie" pen for cuttings.
CRFG is a non-profit "hobbyist" organization.
Come to the Scion Exchange and join!
$5.00 donation gratefully accepted at the door.
Local chapter membership is only $5.00 per year, plus between $25.00
and $56.00 for general membership, depending on how one receives the
'Fruit Gardener' magazine. General membership is requires to join the
local chapter. Total dues are $30.00 to $61.00 per year.
Cuatro Caminos Collective
*Wholesome Local Food,
*Intergenerational/Cross-Cultural Dialogue and
January 21, 2013
January 14, 2013
January 09, 2013
January 07, 2013
January 06, 2013
State's medical marijuana boom is wreaking havoc on some fragile habitats.